Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Thunder Pulse Network Server List
Issues With Making Trade Signs - Alias List EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 1:30 am by IronOre124

» Getting Started in TPN Pixelmon
Issues With Making Trade Signs - Alias List EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 2:49 am by IronOre124

» Issues With Making Trade Signs - Alias List
Issues With Making Trade Signs - Alias List EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 11:27 pm by IronOre124

» Post your builds here!
Issues With Making Trade Signs - Alias List EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 1:02 am by ColonolKAITO

» Aw Man ~~~~~~
Issues With Making Trade Signs - Alias List EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 12:12 am by IronOre124

» TPN Guide - How To Make Money
Issues With Making Trade Signs - Alias List EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 12:08 am by IronOre124

» Rules and Links
Issues With Making Trade Signs - Alias List EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 12:24 am by IronOre124

Top posting users this week
No user

Issues With Making Trade Signs - Alias List

:: Gaming :: Minecraft

Go down

Issues With Making Trade Signs - Alias List Empty Issues With Making Trade Signs - Alias List

Post by IronOre124 Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:27 pm

Hi all,

It has come to my attention that there is a glaring issue with the way Essentials trade signs are set up. The issue lies in the length of item names taking up far too many characters on a single line to be useful. If you forcibly place an item name on the sign that maxes out the characters, it may LOOK like your sign was created successfully, but other players will be unable to buy from it. Have someone check your sign if you suspect it may not have worked correctly.

Here's an example of what I mean:

[Trade]
$10
1 fermentedspidereye:256

This is the syntax that you would use if you were looking to sell a fermented spider eye on an in-game trade sign, one each for $10, with a total of 256 spider eyes available. Problem is, there is no way that 3rd line will fit on an in-game sign. The solution to this can be found in using item aliases, or shorter item names than normal.

Let's take a look at iron ingots as an example.

[Trade]
$60
10 iron_ingot:256

This line may still be too long to fit on a sign. Should this happen, you can use the command /itemdb with the item in hand and it will show you a list of available aliases.

After running /itemdb, we find that an alternate to iron_ingots is ibar. Let's try that same sign again using that syntax.

[Trade]
$60
10 ibar:256

Much shorter, that should fit on a sign. But there's just one problem, not every item has these shorter alternate names. I have been adding them manually, but aliases added by me do not show up in /itemdb, even though they work in-game. Is this an issue with Essentials? Absolutely. Has it been reported? Constantly. Are they going to fix it? Absolutely not. I think you can see where I'm going with this.

The following is a list of self-created aliases by me to make selling items with longer names easier. This list is updated constantly. If you are attempting to sell an item and find the name too long, and a shorter option does not exist in /itemdb or on this list, let me know and I will create a new alias.

CURRENT ALIAS LIST:

aliases:
bluepaint: blue_dye
snad: sand
breakfast: cooked_porkchop
rdstne: redstone
pris: prismarine
prisb: prismarine_bricks
dpris: dark_prismarine
epearl: enderpearl
ferspieye: fermented_spider_eye
lapis: lapis_lazuli